Friday 15 February 2008

Different

As I drove into the car park at the supermarket in London. It looked terribly different; the doors were off their hinges and were squeaking like an out of tune violin on note E sharp. The windows were smashed like grass, which had just been mowed on a summer’s day in the morning.
I searched briefly to find a parking space along the ripped road. I couldn’t see a living person around in the car park; it had been the easiest parking yet. I could hear a few tills beeping from inside the supermarket, like lasers beaming down to Earth. As Big Ben struck 12 the sky began to darken. I crept along the road to the squeaking doors of the supermarket.
I entered; gripped with fear.
There were a few people in the fruit section (where I was), I turned to the diseased pears…
Then I heard a cracking sound behind me, the diseased fruit started to fall off the rack. I turned around again to find a hole; behind there was endless black!
Black!
Black!
Crash went the fruit falling to the floor.
Crash.
Crash.
Crash.
As pears fell into the hole, they disappeared faster that the light, I clung on a fruit rack for dear life.
It was no use!

I got pulled in…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really PULLS you you in!